Volunteers at The Greater Boston Food Bank play a critical role in helping to end hunger in Eastern Massachusetts, and their role is even more critical now given the COVID-19 crisis. We are currently accepting 15 or fewer volunteers per shift. Individuals and small groups may apply.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Face masks are required inside GBFB facilities and on the property, and social distancing still needs to be observed. GBFB will continue to monitor the situation and adjust policies and practices accordingly.
- Our Kids Who Care and Families for Impact volunteering opportunities are temporarily suspended.
- Volunteer shifts will be limited to 15 individuals per shift.
- Handwashing is required before and after the volunteer shift. Hand sanitizer is available onsite.
- We will provide volunteers with disposable gloves to wear during their shift.
- We’ve rearranged our project set up to allow for 6 ft. physical distancing.
- Volunteer tasks will focus on high need/critical projects like our CSFP and Brown Bag boxes for seniors and additional food sorting projects.
- At this time, our facility’s common space is not available for lunches or meetings.
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3:30 pm