Volunteers at The Greater Boston Food Bank play a critical role in helping to end hunger. Now, more than ever, we need your support to help us sort and package food for distribution to hungry families across Eastern Massachusetts.
Groups who volunteer receive an educational, team-building experience while sorting and packing food for those in need.
WHY DO GROUPS VOLUNTEER?
- They want to partner with GBFB to feed our neighbors in need across Eastern Massachusetts.
- They’re looking for a great way to spend time together while doing good.
- Corporate teams are looking to connect with the community and show their commitment to ending hunger.
- They’re looking for a customized, group/team-building experience, that includes education and an impactful service opportunity.
KIDS WHO CARE – temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
The Kids Who Care (KWC) program is a special volunteer opportunity that allows children as young as 10 years old to volunteer alongside family and friends, repackaging food for children, seniors, and families in need across Eastern Massachusetts.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Face masks are required inside GBFB facilities and on the property, and social distancing still needs to be observed. GBFB will continue to monitor the situation and adjust policies and practices accordingly.
- Our Kids Who Care and Families for Impact volunteering opportunities are temporarily suspended.
- Volunteer shifts will be limited to 15 individuals per shift.
- Handwashing is required before and after the volunteer shift. Hand sanitizer is available onsite.
- We will provide volunteers with disposable gloves to wear during their shift.
- We’ve rearranged our project set up to allow for 6 ft. physical distancing.
- Volunteer tasks will focus on high need/critical projects like our CSFP and Brown Bag boxes for seniors and additional food sorting projects.
- At this time, our facility’s common space is not available for lunches or meetings.
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3:30 pm
If you would like to schedule a shift or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.