To reach neighbors in need in underserved communities, GBFB distributes high-quality, nutritious food through Mobile Markets hosted by our partner agencies. These free markets serve low-income populations including, seniors, veterans, community health center patients, and students.
How does it work?
Following the delivery of food to partner sites, Mobile Markets are set up in a farmer’s market style to allow clients to easily ‘shop’ at each table and choose from a diverse selection of fresh produce, dairy products, and high-protein items. Fresh produce makes up much of the food distributed at Mobile Markets, which is a big help for people like Cynthia and her family.
Mobile Markets take place in partnership with organizations across the public and nonprofit sectors, including state and local agencies, educational institutions, and local community centers.
Mobile Market Locations
- Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD)
- American Legion Nonantum Post 440
- Barnstable Senior Center
- Boston Public Schools
- Bristol Community College
- Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. (BAMSI)
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Charles River Community Health Center
- Clarendon Hill Towers
- Community Work Services New England
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
- Freetown Council on Aging
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Greater Lynn Senior Services
- Greater New Bedford Community Health Center
- Hallmark Health System/North Suburban WIC
- Lawrence Public Schools
- Lowell Public Schools
- Lynn Community Health Center
- Lynn Public Schools
- Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance (MHSA)
- Melrose Veterans’ Services Office
- Merrimack Valley YMCA – Methuen Branch
- New Bedford Housing Authority
- Northern Essex Community College
- Open Pantry of Greater Lowell
- Revere Public Schools
- Revere Veterans’ Services OfficeS
- STAR Family HealthCare Center
- St. Anne’s Food Pantry
- Weymouth Public Schools
Help us provide more healthy food for our Mobile Markets, including our food distributions for seniors
, throughout Eastern Massachusetts by donating today.
Contact email@example.com or 617-427-5200 to learn more about our Mobile Market program.