This Hunger Action Month, join the movement that has a real impact on our effort to feed more people across Eastern Massachusetts.
Join the #HungerActionMonth Conversation
1 in 11 in Eastern Massachusetts struggles to get enough healthy food.
Help generate awareness about hunger in our communities this Hunger Action Month. All you need is a paper plate (use our printable version!), marker and camera to share what an empty stomach would mean to you.
Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Tag @gr8bosfoodbank and use #HungerActionMonth so we can share your post.
Hunger Action Day is September 13!
Join us as we take action on raising awareness about those struggling with hunger in our communities:
- Wear orange, the national color of hunger. Post a selfie on social media to show support and generate awareness. Share on social media and tag @Gr8BosFoodBank using the hashtag #EndHungerHere or #HungerActionMonth.
- Use the “Empty Plate” (click here), write what you cannot do on an empty stomach, and take a picture. Share on social media and tag @Gr8BosFoodBank using the hashtag #EndHungerHere or #HungerActionMonth.
- The Greater Boston Food Bank, in partnership with Feeding America and Massachusetts’ hunger-relief organizations, will hold a National Call-in Day to activate supporters to call their representatives in Congress and urge them to advocate for a strong 2018 U.S. Farm Bill, which includes programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP), also known as food stamps. Click here for Call-in Day instructions and to become an advocate, go to gbfb.org/advocate.
- Join The Greater Boston Food Bank, Citizens Bank and hunger advocates across the city on City Hall Plaza from 1 – 4 p.m. to raise awareness for Hunger Action Day. A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 2 p.m. to inaugurate GBFB’s newly branded trucks donated by Citizens Bank that will help provide over 50 million healthy meals next year. Stop by the tent to learn more about how you can end hunger here, participate in a selfie-station and for giveaways, including $5 gift cards from Daily Table, one of GBFB’s partner agencies. Open to the public.
- Watch as our building and Boston landmarks are lit orange–Prudential Center, Zakim Bridge, Boston City Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Exchange at 100 Federal Street, Boston Harbor Hotel, Goodwin Procter, The Lenox, WGBH’s Digital Mural and more.
Discover what our staff can’t do on an empty stomach:
Help us #EndHungerHere
This September, every dollar donated doubles to provide 6 healthy meals to those in need.